|
Monday, March 2, 2009
I've got a lot of things to say in this post. Ultimately, I'll just give a brief summary of the past few days, and I'm sure some readers of my blog will laugh out loud. So be prepared! WEDNESDAY, 25 FEB 09 Market Day in UQ. Basically, all the clubs and societies came up to lure students to get into their membership. So I was bingo-ed by them! Joined CCM, Wasabi Club (Jap club) and QPSA ( Queensland Pharmacy Students' Association). Also, registered for the trip to Sunshine Coast! It was so crowded and noisy, like PASAR IKAN! Then, I was also busy sorting out my timetables. It was giving me headaches. THURSDAY, 26 FEB 09 I think I sorted out and cleared my doubts on everything regarding timetables and stuffs. So yeh, nothing much on this day. FRIDAY, 27 FEB 09 Yes! This day! Went to UQ to get my Biology textbook for just $50. It's a second-hand. It was so hot, plus I had to carry the heavy book around. Don't expect me to carry to UQ always, 'cos I can't! Then, got a call for invitation to a live group at a friend's house. So yeh, rushed home to get prepared. Funny thing was, I LOCKED MYSELF INSIDE MY ROOM! Yes! I forgot to take the keys out from the outer lock, so I locked from inside by a kind of metal bolt. So yes, I panicked when I realised I couldn't get out. Called Amelia, but useless. She's in Perth. I know I was dumb! I slipped a note from below, hoping that someone would pass by and unlock from outside. Finally, I decided to climb out of the window and knocked on the front door. Luckily, my other housemate opened it, so I was saved! Then, prepared to go for the dinner. Nice one. Had games and stuffs. I don't know if I'm wrong, but I came to know friends. SATURDAY, 28 FEB 09 Sunshine Coast to Noosa Beach and Edmundi Market! Woke up very early, but waited for the bus for so long 'cos there was no enough bus and I happened to be in the last group. A long, long bus ride to destination, about 2 hours. Reached there. Quite nice. The sand and sea. Cool breeze. Felt like sleeping in there. But nothing much. More or less the same like Perth's Cottlesloe and Rockingham. Got an icecream: Toasted Macadamia on top of Tiramisu. Slurps! SUNDAY, 1 MAR 09 Today was the hottest day ever since I came to Brisbane. So hot and sweaty, I was. I went to Toowong Village at 11am to do some grocery shopping. Carried heavy stuffs home. I might lose some weight. Then went out again to bus stop at around 2.30pm. Was planning to get out earlier, but I was in a chat with a new housemate. But that was a good thing, delaying me.*smirking* Due to that, I missed the 2.45pm bus to UQ and waited for another half hour to get the next. So yeh, beyond my expectation, I should say. And so and so.. No further details, I'm sorry. (: MONDAY, 2 MAR 09 My first day of lecture. I was a bit running late and the weather was so hot! But I managed to get to lecture hall on time and found a seat. It was so FULL! 200+ students. Was still sweating when I got in. Sweating Machine! Nothing much, but seriously I need to be earlier next time. hmph! So and so.. Bought lecture notes, second-hand Chem textbook. Funny thing came again! I went into the cafe next to the library to get some smaller breaksof $50. Done, and when I reached the glass door, I BUMPED FLAT STRAIGHT ONTO IT! Seriously, this time I felt that I'm really DUMB! I was putting money into my wallet so I didn't notice whether the automatic door was opening or closing itself. So what! My left spec lens dropped off! I shouted out quite loud. So picked up my specs and went away with embarassment! I wasn't sure if people saw it, but I don't care anyway. How lucky I am! So went to optom shop in UQ and let them fix my spec. No charge. Then, came up to my mind if I should start using contact lens. But money, money, money! Soon, I'll get it. SOON! Then, went to city with a newly-met bruneian friend. He showed me where the venue is for tomorrow dinner with Bruneian Deputy Minister of Education. It is a rare chance, so I should go for it. I have to wear formal clothes, i.e baju kurung! So yeh. And, and, the thing that I was happy for today is a starbucks finally!! I grabbed my favourite, Green Tea Frapp without Cream!! Yes, it felt like a paradise and eternal happiness for me. I've been longing it until today. Slurps~~ So and so, I went to ABC shop finally and used up my voucher I got last year from Tuart College. Guess what, a good choice. I grabbed Twilight and New Moon for exactly $49.90. So that's it. Used up! Good Good. (: So many in my wishlist. A sunglasses, contact lenses, havaianas's thongs, straightener... grrr.. I think I need to find a part-time job. |
|


